Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Second day on the road

Sometimes computers and I just don't get along. After typing up a nice entry I pressed the wrong button and it got deleted. Yay?

This morning we got on the road earlier than yesterday as we realized we would be changing time zones in the afternoon and we were planning to stop at the Mojave National Preserve. We had a short hike at the preserve which was a great opportunity to stretch our legs and let Lizzy roam around. Thankfully we didn't see any wildlife, but I'm not sure if Lizzy was pleased about that.

I've been completely amazed at the beauty of the desert while driving today, but also at the sheer lunacy of the humans that have chosen to settle here. I think I'll stick to locating near a body of water thank you very much.

Tomorrow we head to Albuquerque with a stop at the Petrified National Forest. I'm looking forward to another hike and getting out of the car for a bit. We're also hoping to enjoy some bbq tomorrow night and checking out some local breweries. We don't plan on going on any Breaking Bad tours, but we'll share pictures if we see any places from the show :)

We've been recording a time lapse video each day, but are having issues posting it. Once we have it figured out we'll definitely post it for everyone to see.

Have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad hockey rinks don't offer dog sitting services....Leafs are playing as we speak against Arizona Coyotes.....too bad currently losing 3-1.
    Looking forward to more posts.....Trey can't wait. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. Why would anyone decide to live that secluded in the desert. All of those lonely houses look like bad made for tv movie sets awaiting the rapist, murder or kidnapping scene.
    mke sure Lizzy doesn't pee on a cactus and hurt her "business" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you on the whole desert thing. It's so beautiful, but I couldn't stand to live there!

    ReplyDelete